Page Tabs

Thursday, June 7, 2012

HEAVEN BENT


I know I’ve been given this life to live. But how do I make it a life that will count?
Where is the race that is appointed me? Where is the steed on which I’m to mount?
Where are the words when I’m anxious to speak? Where is that mountain I’m destined to climb?
Why when confronted do my knees grow weak? Why have I found no good in me?

We have all asked similar questions to no avail.
The answer is simple, just hidden behind a veil.
But now the veil has been rent; my soul's free and Heaven bent.
Because to go on and on to only pretend I know what’s best, in the end
I’ll only come once again full circle to where I began.

So I’ll press on, press on and in, to that place prepared deep within,
Where I’ll find eternal peace, where I’ll find my soul’s ease,
Where I can give up every heavy thing, where I’ll find an awaiting King.
Leaving behind once and for all everything that caused me to fall,
Casting off now with all finality every trace of remaining sensuality,
Giving up all things corrupted  in lies so I may see Truth with my eyes.
Yes, the veil has been rent in two; Jesus’ blood was shed for me and you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment