Page Tabs

Saturday, June 9, 2012

THE BURNING


About 3 1/2 weeks ago on a Wednesday while eating lunch I experienced an alarming intense burning in my stomach, could not swallow because of the burning pain and had a tremendous amount of mucus that kept forming in my mouth so I went outside and repeatedly kept spitting it out. Kathy was warring in tongues but was insisting I go to the emergency room because she was thinking it was an allergic reaction to something I was eating. It was fish with spices used in blackened fish which I do not like anyway. (I was thinking this is not the fire I had been praying for). I agreed to go to the hospital.
We were with a friend from work who was driving, Kathy was texting and calling friends to pray and I was hanging on to Life but trying to let go of the pain. It took us about 15-20 minutes from the time of the attack until we reached the hospital and as I was walking toward the emergency entrance the pain was lessening and there was only a tinge of the pain left by the time we reached the door. When the doctor came in to see me the pain had gone. Hallelujah!
The folks at the hospital were nice enough but I did not want any of their testing (expensive guessing) and meds (toxins). I did let them do an EKG, the results of which proved to be better than normal and really left them scratching their collective heads. No peaks in either direction up or down.
Kathy and I believe it was an attack and prayed and took dominion accordingly. I’ve since that day not had any similar encounters. Hallelujah again!
The following Friday morning, as I was driving to work, I was thanking the Lord and proclaiming, declaring and decreeing my deliverance and freedom from any and all attackers because of what Jesus did and what I believe He is doing.
It occurred to me as I was repeating the phrase, “I live, and move and have my very being in Him,” that since He is my all in all that I do live and move in wisdom, knowledge and understanding. My number one statement to the Lord for years has been, “I do not understand” for any a number of things but  for the first time that I can recall I said aloud, before I even thought of what I was saying, “I have understanding”.
I realized that I have, since I was born out of God and baptized in His Spirit, through Him understanding and then remembered February of 1981 when He appeared to me and said to me, “I’ve been here all along”. 
He is my understanding. So I began verbalizing, "In Him I walk in understanding, I move in understanding and I live and have my very being in understanding". It is the same for every attribute of God that I have been seeking for myself (and others) which includes, but certainly in no way is limited to agape love, true knowledge, true wisdom, true power and might, true faith, truth itself.
The word declares that He "…became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption" (1 Cor.  1: 30). In verse 24 is said, “…but to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.”
I again say, "Hallelujah and thanks be to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit who delivered me from the attackers and destroyed the works and plans of the enemy!!".

No comments:

Post a Comment