Page Tabs

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

THIS LAND (CONT’D)



All that I truly possess is out of the grace that is Christ. Anything that I say I have and which does not line up with the Living Word is a lie or some fantasy (again a lie). Since this body that I possess has been given to me by God I should steward it properly as I do any other worthwhile gift.           And to obtain its true intended functionality I most assuredly need to follow Paul’s injunction in Rms 12:1 and offer my body as my spiritual service of worship.
But there is another part of that which Elohim has made me to be for it is out of Him I was born of the Spirit (Jn 1:13) and so therefore have a body which is spirit and of a divine nature which cannot be corrupted (1 Ptr 1:23). My soul is caught between the earth and heaven. I have each day the option to serve one or the other.
“Choose this day whom you will serve”.

In the last stanza of the song “Exodus” (See yesterday’s post)I find this trueism: that until I shed this earthen suit, it is my home within which I live, and move and exist, given to me by God and “if I must fight, I’ll fight to make this land my own for until I die this land is mine”. Until I shed the mortal and put on the immortal there will be conflict.
That speaks to the individual but we are also collectively the body of Christ and so it is that there too if I must fight, then I’ll fight for what is true. The weapons of our fighting are not carnal, not of the flesh, but mighty in God to the destruction of each and every lie, white or otherwise, that comes against that body (2 Cor 10:4-6). How? By speaking truth one with another because we are members of Christ’s body (Eph 4:25).
Christ’s body is not composed of a multiple or multiplied bodies. We were all baptized into one body with many parts, members (1 Cor 12:13-14).
Speaking truth?  Yes, truth. There is no compromise in truth. Truth is and it is Christ.
However, it is impossible to help anyone whose will it is to walk at variance with what is truth. If we want to truly walk the path, the Way, then we must walk in the guidance of the Holy Spirit who leads us into, I say again, into THE TRUTH.
“Apart from Me you can do nothing” (Jn 15:5).

Oh, Heavenly Daddy, I now ask help us to give in to the leading of the Spirit and give up all to You so that we be filled and completed in the Truth of who You are in us and because of that infilling we will be true witnesses by, of and for Your Glory in the earth. Your Word is Truth. Thank You, Daddy. Thank You so much. We now, right here right now, believe and thereby receive that which for which we’ve asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment