Page Tabs

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

CAUGHT THEN DELIVERED

Caught somewhere between presumption and wishing
I realized and knew something huge was missing.
Having gone around this mountain so many times before
And never finding that "thing" I was looking for
Even repeating all the sayings that seemed so right
And yet here, all over again I'm having to fight
Through all the muck and the mire I presumed was gone
Asking of every step if this is the right path I'm now on.
Can't return to Egypt for there is nothing there for me.
I know beyond knowing that I've been set free
But why I ask over and over am I in this place?
Ever wondering what is in the morrow that I will face.
Why am I waiting for what I do not know will appear
Just to repeat the past failings wrapped in a big dose of fear
That speaks, "Did I not hear to the point of understanding?
I am just flying by the seat of my pants with no landing?
 When suddenly comes the oft heard whisper of despair
From the ancient but defeated prince of the air.
Lost and seemingly helpless is it time to give in
To the thoughts warring against the mind within?
I know, but yet have not wholly taken my eternal stand
That as an heir of promise I do inherit the land.
Then Truth speaks again, "Every battle has already been won".
And quickly as I release all my cares to the Magnificent One
Overcoming is not in some far away ethereal plan
It is now, it is here and it is ever and always at hand.
My heart and my soul breathe and take a giant leap
And from my enemy who seemed so near I hear no peep.
And with renewed vigor and zeal I look around and around
That enemy who seemed so real could now nowhere be found.
Yes, in the absolute of things and as foretold
By the prophets before and of ancient of old;
Yes, even written down over and over again
The God of all Life and Living will always win.
And now He comes speaking as in days of old
To remind us of what His voice in them told.
It now is the time to reckon as here what is to be

His promise alive and living within, alive to thrive in me!

No comments:

Post a Comment