Page Tabs

Monday, September 23, 2013

A FREE PLACE TO DWELL



The differences between God and man were reconciled through the payment of a debt owed by us and freely to us paid by Christ’s death and now the books are in balance and we are NOW restored to and within the love and favor of God.
It is a free gift. But a gift that is not received is worthless to the beneficiary. If you freely with no strings attached give me money to pay for a debt and yet I do not take it, and use it, what good is the gift to me? Or in the case of all unbelievers and many believers if you do not know, if you are not even aware of the gift, or the full extent of it, it has done and is doing you no good.
In like manner Christ paid a debt we could not and if we do not receive we therefore remain without that which has been freely given. Jesus came and has come again by His Spirit, this time with no respect for sin but that you may come to know the fullness of what you have been given.
If you receive a gift box but you do not open it you in effect have not received its most important part, the benefits that are inside the box. Unbelievers have no idea there is a box given. Many believers have only opened one or a few of the boxes inside the box which contains an infinite number of gifts.
Let’s say I am given a house, a very large house with many rooms, but there is one condition to receiving the gift of that house and that is that I must walk down a certain narrow path to obtain the gift. So if I go down that path and find that house and go into and live only in one room you would say, “What is wrong with you?’ and then I replied, “I am not worthy to receive all this gift” you would then reply, “Are you crazy?” the obvious answer to which is a resounding YES!
Jesus said, “In My Father’s house are many dwelling places, if it were not so I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you and will come again to take you to Myself so that as I exist you exist also.”
We need to know that giver and trust Him. He said, “I am the way, the truth and eternal life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment